Test: Chair Upholstery Verdict

I have finally gotten around to completing my chair upholstery and this is my result:

To start off, I bought a chair from the Salvation Army. Then I pulled apart the original insert, removing all wadding and replacing it with high density foam from Clark Rubber. Once that was done, I got my tools together – drill cotton fabric (about half a metre), staples and a staple gun.

Once that was done, I just laid my fabric over the insert and stapled down one side. I then moved to the opposite side and pulled until I had the right tension and stapled that part down. The hardest part is getting the corners to look nice when folding the fabric down!

Afterwards, I polished the chair with wood polish as it was quite scratched and luckily most of the scratches came off. This would have been a problem if they hadn’t as I didn’t want to sand it back and destory the veneer surfaces.

I really like the way the chair turned out and it was very easy to upholster. Now it has become the sewing chair and has been placed in the sewing room!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Test: Chair Upholstery Verdict

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s