Yesterday I was able to get my first “proper” quilt back from Hobbysew. They did the machine quilting, sandwiching my quilt top, wadding and backing altogether in a lovely butterfly and flower design. I am very excited with how my quilt has turned out:
To make my quilt, I used a Robert Hoffman Bali Pop- “Pink Lemonade” and used the pattern “Valentine” from the book:
My only problem is the last step – the binding. When I put my quilt in to be quilted, I had bought some binding fabric but now I am not so sure about it. Instead I have chosen to use the backing as my binding fabric as well. As you can see, I think the green fabric was a bit too muddy to suit the whole quilt.
I am very excited to see how my binding turns out as I use the instructions which are very clearly set out in the book, alongside close-up photos of the process. Binding review: coming soon!